“Sport as a Vehicle for Developing Skills for the Labour Market & Promoting Employability & Entrepreneurship”
SKILLS by Sport4Med addresses the objective of promoting sport education and skills development in and through sport for the labour market (employability and entrepreneurship) in the Mediterranean Region, North and South Coast.
This project is a collaboration between 9 partners.
- Instituto Universitario de Lisboa (ISCTE – IUL) – Project Leader
- International Olympic Truce Centre (IOTC)
- Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC)
- Coaching Portugal
- International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS), Save the Dream
- HASK Mladost
- Universitat de les Illes Balears (UIB)
- Cyprus Sports Organisation
- Okkam SRL
36 Months (01/01/2020 – 31/12/2022)
The project aims at promoting in a strategic way social transformation through sport in the Mediterranean region, by focusing on sport as a vehicle for promoting work capacities and employment/entrepreneurship. This objective goes in line with the main priorities of EU policies, not only in the frame of sport, but also in integration, immigration, development, security and international cooperation.
Through this project, partners will implant activities specifically focused on the creation of effective, attractive and immediate open educational resources dedicated to the development and implementation of labour skills that from sport can be applied to work. These activities are: Gap Analysis, Elaboration of Open Educational Resources, Coaches Training, Pilot Areas. The main target groups of the project:
- Coaches and Sport Instructors
- Youths and Unemployed (including cluster of migrants, also in qualified repatriation perspective) for (re)integration into the labour market.
- Research: Identify the gap among the skills that coaches and sport instructors hold and the skills requested by labour market, to understand which are yet owned and which need to be developed by them.
- Development of Training Course: Create a training course dedicated to coaches and sport instructors, in order to raise their awareness on the skills and competencies they have developed through sport, support them in developing eventual missing skills requested by labour market, as well as include them as trainers of youth, unemployed or migrants of such skills.
- Plan of Pilot Courses: Pilot a number of training courses where coaches and sport instructors become trainers of the abovementioned groups, to support them in the development of a set of skills, necessary to (re)integrate into the labour market.
The kick-off meeting of the project took place on 19 – 20 February 2020, in Lisbon.